In June, Noah and I hosted our first “Busy Bag” Swap at our home. We all do some traveling in the summer time, church, doctors appointments, dinner cooking (except me ;)…just kidding), etc. These little “Busy Bags” are perfect for this!
Each mom brings a different “busy bag” activity times “x amount” (depending on how many moms RSVP…because that is how many you will need to make). You will bring that amount of the same activity, storing each activity in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. This is similar to the “meal swap” idea our playgroup did for a long time. I loved the idea of watching each mom carry a huge bag filled tons of different activities to their car! I plan to keep Noah’s “Busy Bags” stashed away and then slowly introduce one activity at a time.
Each activity needed to meet the following criteria:
- Self-contained. This way, you can just grab a bag and GO! (without having to add a number of supplies to the bag in order to make it useful.)
- Transportable. Yes, they will definitely be used at home, but I want to be able to grab a few bags to take to a restaurant, a waiting room, plane trips, car rides, etc.
- Convenient. None of the bags will have supplies that require major set-up or clean-up: (no paint, watercolors, liquids, sand, dirt, etc.)
- Inexpensive. I don’t want anyone spending too much money on this project!
- Easy to Make. I don’t want anyone spending hours and hours and hours making their activity.
- Re-usable. I want these activities to last a while so that our other children can use them in the future. Therefore, I avoided activities where you would have to buy new supplies to re-stock the bag. This is why lamination is important for some of the activities.
I just googled “Busy Bags” and found TONS of ideas! Check this link! I think this will be lots of fun! Bring this kids, obviously, provide a snack for your “busy” friends!
If you have any questions, comment on this post and I can try to walk you through it! This is so much fun and for SO LITTLE effort you get SO MUCH out of it!
I appreciate those of you that are following my facebook blog page, but please take a moment to follow my actual blog. If you are not a “blogger”, there is a place to enter your email address in the top right corner of the post. This way you will automatically receive an email notification when a blog post is made. Otherwise, in the bottom right corner of the screen, there is a place to click “follow” as well! Thank you for your support!